Caddie Registration will open February 1st.
To become a caddie at Birmingham Country Club you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 14 years old before June 1st
- Be physically capable of carrying a golf bag for 18 holes
- Caddies will not exceed the age of 24, Birmingham Country Club is a youth oriented program
- You must register for and attend a caddie training school
- Pass both the on course and written tests
- Provide a work permit
- Be able to caddie at least 20 days this season
- Be professional both in appearance and attitude
- Ability to work well with others
- Training will be held at Birmingham Country Club.
Registration will begin online February 1– April 1st . Messages by phone, or before the designated time frame will not be accepted. All applications must be submitted using the format below!
To register for the caddie program applicants must compete the online application. Candidates will be chosen to whom best fits our program standards. You will receive an email confirmation to the email listed on the application if you have been chosen or placed on a waiting list.
We have 50 open spots for caddies this season. We limit openings to make it fair for existing caddies and new recruits to revive work. Anyone placed on a waiting list will be contacted through out the season as needed.
Class times and dates have not been determined for the season, as this baised on weather.
Dress Code: We have a no denim policy at Birmingham Country Club. Please wear khaki pants and a collared shirt to training sessions. Due to the possibility of inclement weather please dress accordingly. Candidates who arrive with improper clothing will be removed from the training program and may reapply next season.
All new caddies are required purchase uniforms at the end of each training session. If you report for a loop out of uniform you will not be allowed to caddie that day. The BCC crested caddie shirt, bib, and hat will be available for purchase starting April 15th at a cost of $45. Uniforms will consist of the following items:
- BCC caddie shirt
- BCC caddie bib
- BCC caddie hat
- Caddie name badge
The items below are not part of the $45 uniform cost and will need to be purchased
- Khaki pants or shorts (no cargo pants or cargo shorts). Boys shorts can not be longer than the knee. Girls are able to wear skorts, capri pants and country club appropriate length shorts
- Athletic shoes in good condition ( no skateboard, golf shoes, boots or flats)
You are permitted to wear a white sweatshirt under your caddie shirt or a navy blue or black jacket over your shirt in inclement conditions.
All uniforms must be kept clean and in good condition. It is also a required part of your uniform to have a towel, scorecard, pencil, ball mark repair tool, pin placement card and tees which all will be provided to you.
Any caddie who does not show up to work with the proper uniform will be sent home for the day.If you would like additional information please contact Scott Coleman Golf Services Manager at Firsttee@bhamcc.com.