Joe Basso Selected for
CMAA’s INAUGURAL CLASS OF 2019 FELLOWS
Ten club industry leaders were recently selected by the Club Management Association of America (CMAA) for its inaugural class of 2019 Fellows, including our very own Joe Basso.
The CMAA Fellows Program is an honorary recognition program distinguishing those living CMAA members who epitomize the leadership, integrity, involvement, and contributions of club management professionals. Each of these individuals has made a significant impact toward the betterment of the profession and CMAA throughout his/her active career. Those selected as a “CMAA Fellow” are recognized as highly engaged individuals for their contributions to the profession and are called to continued service as mentors, facilitators, thought leaders, and champions within the club community.
Mr. Basso joins a very select and highly-qualified group of CMAA Fellows. The Class of 2019 inductees are:
- Joseph F. Basso, Birmingham Country Club, Birmingham, MI
- Kevin E. Carroll, Bath & Tennis Club, Palm Beach, FL
- Jay DiPietro, Delray Beach, FL
- G. Ted Gillary, Detroit Athletic Club, Detroit, MI
- Philip R. Kiester, Country Club of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Pasquale J. LaRocca, Lake Merced Golf Club, Daly City, CA
- Michael G. Leemhuis, PGA, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Donna Otis, The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego, CA
- Terra S.H. Waldron, Greensboro Country Club, Greensboro, NC
- Burton Ward, Century Country Club, Purchase, NY
The entire Club should be very proud that Joe Basso has been recognized by the CMAA and his peers for this prestigious honor. Congratulations, Joe!